Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Medium Brown Box

Every girls dreams of The Little Blue Box, especially THIS GIRL!  But I am an ardent, almost gushing, fan of a medium brown box these days.  Every month, usually by the 13th, I'm as giddy as a school girl running to the mailbox for my BIRCHBOX!  I discovered Birchbox through another blog, The Small Things. (It's the blog where I found inspiration for my current, and amazing, haircut.  She has the best hair tutorials I have ever seen!) I immediately jumped on the Birchbox website and signed up...and then proceeded to wait.  Birchbox is not only a retail website with amazing beauty, make-up and lifestyle products, but they are a subscription beauty product sample service which releases it's subscriptions periodically.  My subscription invitation came a little less than a month after I signed up. There are a couple different subscription options to choose from and I love the flexibility.  They even have gift subscriptions!

Each month you receive products geared towards a specific theme. And not everyone receives the same products.  April's box was filled with Earth-friendly body care and make-up.  May's box was a "Gossip Girl" theme to coincide with the show's season finale. June's box is travel themed. I have loved all three so far,  but this month's is the first in which I've received a product I don't think I'll use.  Here's a peek at what was in my box:


  • Two of the products are By Terry.  One is a Creme' de Rose Nutri-Lift Comfort Cream. Looking forward to see how this feels on my face. A full-size retails for $99! Whoa.  The 2nd product is the Perfecting Foundation which smooths wrinkles and gives a luminous finish....we'll see!
  • Eyeko's Fat Eye Stick looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.  My color is Petrol Blue.  Looks great for a smoky eye!
  • theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen.  2 in 1 lip and cheek stain in a perfect travel size.
  • Joya Parfum "A Scent of Soulmates".  Just not the scent of "my" soulmate. It's very musky and heavy incense for my preferences.   I usually like light, floral scents. But, I'm sure I can find someone who finds this scent alluring ;)  
  • The last piece is the colorful travel baggie that is perfectly sized for storing travel essentials.
I have not had a chance to try any of the products for this month's box.  But I wanted to share what Birchbox was all about after mentioning it in my last post about my favorite summertime products.  If you have any questions about the products I'll be happy to get back to you about them by the end of the month, so I can get ready for the next medium brown box of JOY!!!  Check out this link for subscription information: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=nlplp

UPDATE:  As of July 1st, I have tried the ByTerry Perfecting Foundation.  It is incredible.  I have never worn a foundation with such smooth, even, natural coverage and my skin looked flawless.  It was light enough for summer wear as well.  A definite thumbs-up.  I also have used the Stainiac lip and cheek stain on light/easy-going make-up days.  It added just the right amount of color and lasted all day in 90+* heat. It will be a go-to for my make-up bag for sure!  I am still finishing up a moisturizer I received in my May box. Hopefully, I'll get to that Creme' de Rose face cream soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment