Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bring on Fall Fashion and Beauty: September's Birchbox

HAPPY FALL!! I dare you to find me a person who doesn't love this season. And I mean a person who actually experiences seasonal changes;  sorry West Coasters, Southwestern-ers, Floridians, etc., but you really don't know FALL like WE know FALL! Favorite season, CHECK! It's chock full of my most favorite things: football and volleyball (favorite sports), Halloween (favorite holiday), orange (favorite color), pumpkin (favorite food for baking), crock pot comfort food and lastly, FASHION! I could live in sweaters, boots and  jeans 24/7! So when I read that Birchbox was sending us goodies to highlight Fall's favorite fashion and beauty trends I was really giddy!! September's box was a delightful hodge-podge of great products and they didn't disappoint.

FALL TRENDS BIRCHBOX


Sorry about the grainy photo.  I sent this one to my GF via
Instagram to compare boxes.  I've already torn in to most
of the products so a replacement pic is not happening ;-/


BVLGARI - Mon Jasmin Noir perfume

A perfect scent for transition to fall.  It's a substantial floral scent with fruit and jasmine to make it "heavier" for fall and winter.  Not something to which I would normally gravitate, but I like it a lot.

COLOR CLUB - Birchbox Custom Color Nail Polish
I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this iridescent pinky/purple/silver metallic shade! I have it on my toes, will be putting it on my fingers in an hour or so and will not take it off until I'm ready to wear some darker colors in October.  AH-MAZ-ING, and a Birchbox exclusive!







twistband - Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie
Considering I spend 2-4 days a week with my hair in a pony, I'm always on the lookout for great hair ties which hold strong and won't damage my hair.  These are super stretchy with fun prints and colors.  I may be ordering more of these with some Birchbox reward points!

Visanti - Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
After the stressful month I've had so far, it's beginning to show up on my face.  Thank you Bb for sending me a new product to try and bring my face back to life.  It has professional grade microderm crystals, which to me = A GREAT EXFOLIATION! 

WEI to Go - Sleep Over Kit
Another cleanser and moisturizing face tint combo.  Haven't gotten around to using it, but I have read other bloggers who got this in their kit and have LOVED it.  I usually don't have any trouble with face products, so I am looking forward to seeing it this makes a difference in the way my face feels.  I'll get back to you on it.

LIFESTYLE EXTRAS

The Brush Guard -  Brush Guard Variety Kit
Just like they sound ;) Plastic netting guards for your make-up brushes. Hoping they keep my brushes in shape longer.  I just did a major cleaning of my brushes.  They are supposed to help if you travel a lot too.

Birchbox Digital Download
Two exclusive downloads from Tristan Prettyman.  I like 'em!

Birchbox Fall Fashion Mini-Magazine
Highlights some of Fall's biggest trends in fashion, make-up and lifestyle. Fun little resource with great ideas!
Plus, a coupon to Madewell!

If you're curious about how Birchbox works, check out my first post here, or you can sign up to receive your own right here!

2 comments:

  1. I am slackin' BIG TIME! For the first time, we received the almost the same items in our BB! I haven't used the Visanti yet, but obviously need to. My skin is in horrendous shape right now. I have no idea what happened, but I literally look like I'm 14 and going through puberty. Probably the only dislike I have about this season is the change my skin goes through :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Between the stress of September and the bi-polar weather, my skin has not been itself. I LOVE the Visanti. It makes my skin feel so fresh and really lets the moisturizer get in deep. I may be ordering a full-size!

    ReplyDelete