Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Favorite Family Tradition

I'm not quite sure how or when Halloween became my favorite holiday.  It could stem from my childhood. I am an only child who always longed for brothers and/or sisters, but thankfully, I grew up on a street with +/- 20 kids within 4 years of my age. Halloween was the only holiday I celebrated with my neighborhood "siblings". I loved running the streets with them; screaming, laughing, joking and sharing.  We sat for hours afterwards trading candy and enjoying everything about the night.  I. LOVE. HALLOWEEN.  Luckily, I found a guy who loves it as much as me! And now, we have our own fun night of running, screaming, laughing, joking and sharing - BOO AT THE ZOO.  Since Sweet Pea's first Halloween, we've been attending Boo at the Zoo at The Cleveland MetroParks Zoo.  Her first Halloween was fun, but we we started our absolutely FABULOUS tradition of a family theme costume the following year when I was pregnant with Monkey.  Here's our gallery of costumes.  Thankfully, Mimi is an AMAZING seamstress and helped with the costumes most of the years.  Hopefully, you can find some inspiration in our themes and start a wonderful Halloween tradition in your own family.  I'm holding on to this AS LONG as possible...I'm dreading the "BUT MAAAAHHHHMMM, I don't wanna dress up with you anymore!!" years.  They're quickly approaching.....
BOO AT THE ZOO, 2007
LITTLE STINKER

FIRST THEME COSTUME
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
2008
BOO AT THE ZOO, 2009
WIZARD OF OZ
BOO AT THE ZOO, 2010
SCOOBY DOO

BOO AT THE ZOO, 2011
IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN

However your family celebrates Halloween, big or small, I hope you have an enjoyable, memorable and safe night!  2012's costumes are ready to go....I'll add them after we have the big unveiling on Friday the 26th at this edition of BOO AT THE ZOO!!


BOO AT THE ZOO, 2012
BATMAN



2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I love it and cannot wait to see what the family theme is this year. I'm ashamed to tell you I hadn't planned on dressing lil g up this year, but got scolded by a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you caved to "peer" pressure! What did you decided to dress her up in?

    ReplyDelete