Sunday, October 14, 2012

October Birchbox: Small, but Mighty

Want some goop? That was essentially the question Birchbox asked their subscribers in an email for October's edition of the medium brown box.  The goop in question is the website goop.com, with whom Birchbox teamed to bring this month's product inspiration...if you so chose to accept!  I left it up to the Product Fairies instead of volunteering to receive the website-inspired edition. And BEFORE the 10th this month, I did indeed get my box o' goop. My box included 5 products, which is a few less than a prior boxes, but the quality is definitely better than the quantity!

OCTOBER'S BIRCHBOX

beautyblender® - the original beautyblender®

This is probably the most exciting thing (for me anyways) I have received so far in any my boxes.  I almost bought two packages of beautyblender®s at Marshall's over the summer, and for some dumb reason, put them back on the shelf.  I think the Product Fairies were watching...because here it is in my box! I consulted my friend, and FABULOUS make-up artist, Victoria, on the exact care for the applicator sponge as there weren't any instructions included with it in the box.  She recommends cleaning the sponge after every application with Isopropyl Alcohol...99% if you can find it, 91% will work as well too.  Put it in a small spray bottle, spray LIGHTLY with the alcohol and roll the sponge on a clean towel.  SO EXCITED to use this tool!!

Chantecaille - Brilliant Gloss
A really beautiful nude shade of lip gloss. Best thing ever...non-sticky and delivers a slight plump when applied. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!

DDF® - Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer
Tried this serum for the first time this morning.  I love how it felt going on, very smooth and absorbed well into my skin.  My skin felt noticeably softer and smoother.  Very excited to see the benefits of further use of this product. A full-size version is $85.

Marie Veronique Organics - Anti-Aging Oil +
Looks like a little of this will go a long way as well. Made with sea buckthorn, red raspberry seed and cranberry seed oil, it almost sounds good enough to eat.  But I am sure it will work wonders on my skin.  Glad the Product Fairies realize I'm pushing 40! A full-size retails for $80.

*I'm always very pumped to try face products that push the $100 threshold for full size. GOOD STUFF!*

And finally, our "Lifestyle Extra":
Luna - LemonZest Barr
I am already a HUGE fan of Clif Bars...I survive my crazy days of instructing at Little Gym and coaching volleyball during dinner time hours on Clif Bars. I have seen Luna Bars near them in the nutritional aisle and have contemplated buying some, as they are geared toward women's health and nutrition.  We'll see how this one tastes. I have it stored in my purse for an emergency snack.  Which I guarantee will happen between today and Wednesday, at best! 

Any other Birchbox subscribers out there, I would love to read about what you received and what you thought of your products. Discover what Birchbox is here, or sign up for an account here.

No comments:

Post a Comment