Thursday, December 13, 2012

On the First Day of Christmas, My Mail Lady Gave To Me....

a pretty box from my favorite make-up comp-a-ny! My beloved Birchbox arrived a few days ago, but I thought it would be the perfect kick-off to the 12 Days of Christmas: Things I Love Most. And since I've been saying that when I receive my Birchbox each month it feels like Christmas, here's my review of December's beautiful Birchbox for the FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS!

DECEMBER'S BIRCHBOX

Juice Beauty - Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream
I am a BB/CC cream virgin, so this is incredibly exciting to finally get a sample to try before I decide to plunge headfirst into the latest skin care craze.  I have loved the two previous samples of products to improve and even out skin tone, and with a hectic weekday schedule, products that combine functions are a must. I am optimistic that this CC cream will cover all my bases!

Kerastase - Nutritive Nectar Thermique/Protect
AAAA-MMMEEENNNN! Love Kerastase and LOVE that I have this product this month for my dreadful winter straw hair.  It's specially formulated for heat styled hair, and my straightener and curling iron get a workout during the holiday season. Score this product a Holiday Home Run!

ModelCo - SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Berry Pink
If this size of lip gloss is considered a sample size, a full size must be gargantuan. I love that the tube has a large built in mirror. It's a great darker shade of pink for the winter.  It would look great with the sparkles of silver and gold for a holiday outfit or a lazy Saturday at the mall. It smells amazing...just a hint of berry as the name might suggest. It wears light and clean and can easily be layered over lipstick to give it extra shimmer. 
Versatile.  The best stuff always is. 

Thymes - Naia Body Lotion
A great travel size for your purse for a quick lotion pick-me-up on dry winter days. A light and fresh smelling lotion won't overpower perfume.  Another perfect winter pick!

BEAUTY EXTRAS

Thymes - Lotus Santal Body Lotion
A single-use sample size with a shea-enriched hydrator and a heavier woodsy scent. Might stash this in a travel bag to use on a getaway.

Rent The Runway - $50 Gift Card
I am super excited to use this gift card...now just to figure out what I want to use it for!  I might have to make up a special occasion! Was hoping it would be good until summer, so I could save it for 40th birthday/10th anniversary celebrations -  but alas, it's only good through the end of February!  Maybe I can use it to sport some hot threads for Bon Jovi in March!!!  

I hope you enjoy the remaining 12 Days of  a WendyTime Christmas. I am looking forward to sharing my tons of fun for the Holidays!!





No comments:

Post a Comment