Sunday, November 18, 2012

Easy-peasy Thanksgiving Appetizer

I am a cheese head.  I'd fit right in in Wisconsin. My ideal fall Saturday night...football, cheese plate, glass(es) of wine and my hubby. So naturally when the holidays roll around I'm always looking at different recipes for cheese munchies.  A few Thanksgivings ago, I tried this awesome brie recipe.  And now I crave it all fall and winter.  It combines my favorite flavor, salty-sweet.  It is delicious and super-easy; a real crowd pleaser! So if you're looking for a last-minute appetizer, or something amazing looking and tasting to bring as a dish to Thanksgiving, I recommend you give this a try :)


BRIE WITH APRICOT TOPPING

*Published in Taste of Home; HALLOWEEN (special issue, 2008)

Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 c. of dried apricots (or apricot preserve works in a pinch too)
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. water
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. fresh minced rosemary or 1/4 tsp. of dried rosemary, crushed

1 round Brie cheese wheel (8 ounces)
Crackers

*Preheat oven to 400*

1. In a small saucepan or skillet, combine apricots, brown sugar, water, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened.  Remove from heat, stir in rosemary.

2.  Remove rind from top of brie wheel.  Place brie in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish with cut side up. Spread apricot mixture over the top of brie wheel.   Bake uncovered at 400* for 10-12 mins or until brie is soft.  Serve with crackers. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipes ....Looking for your good stuff ..please keep it like this and waiting for more from your side.
    Thanksgiving Dinner 2014

    ReplyDelete