Thursday, November 1, 2012

Flipping Pajamas

It's really easy to think about how quickly time flies at holidays, birthdays and celebrations.  A year's time, gone. When I'm in the moment, I try to cherish it and not think, "WOW! Where did the year go?!". But that feeling sneaks up on me at the most innocuous moments these days.  One of them being when I'm putting away my laundry.  I've got a special pile of holiday pajamas in my drawer...Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Summer holidays.  And the pile rotates once the holiday is over.  Moving a holiday to the bottom of the pile always seems to get me.  And Halloween is at the bottom of the pile now.  I'm sad it's done.  It will be one for the record books....the first one Monkey really understood the meaning of Halloween and got excited for it; Hurricane Sandy rained on us for 7 days straight, cancelled school (and a Halloween party) for a day, postponed trick-or-treat for 4 days and we celebrated with my in-laws for the first time so the cousins had some fun.

On the bright side, Christmas is at the top of the pile...





No comments:

Post a Comment