Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Birchbox: Setting the precedent for this month's theme - "Huh, it's the end of the month already."

Yes, yes it is, the end of the month already.  The holiday season will do that to you.  Plus, throw a natural disaster in on the mix and it really messes things up.  Birchbox was very proactive on the problems that Hurricane Sandy tossed in their direction.  Plus, anyone in their right mind would understand that production at Birchbox Ops would be affected by this terrible storm. Heck, I would've even understood if they weren't able to get our boxes out this month.  But, we received an email assuring us that we would receive them, albeit probably a little later in some instances. WOW! Brava/Bravo Birchbox Ops.

So, knowing that it may be a little late, I didn't stalk my mail lady as I normally would around the 10th of the month. I actually kinda forgot about it for a little while. The holidays will do that to you.  But to my surprise, I got my tracking email on Monday the 12th saying it had shipped AND was already at the processing plant in Michigan.  WHOA! YEA!  I checked the tracking again the next day and it was already in Ohio.  The next day, in Cleveland.  DOUBLE YEA! And I started stalking my mail lady. I stalked her for FIVE DAYS! My beloved Birchbox sat at MY post office, not in Hurricane Sandy ravaged NEW YORK, for FIVE DAYS!  So, once again, THANK YOU BIRCHBOX OPS for your outstanding service.  Cleveland-area Postal Service...get on the BALL!

Here it is...the end of the month.  It sneaked up on me much like the initial delivery of my Birchbox did.  The holidays will do that to you.  Because we've been bustling around already with hosting Thanksgiving and getting the house Christmas-ified, this is the first chance I've had to sit down and share the box.  I've had a chance to use a few things too!


NOVEMBER'S BIRCHBOX

Atelier Cologne - Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue
This very musky & heavy (and I mean that in a good way) perfume takes the rose scent in a whole new direction.  It isn't the typical light, floral type of perfume you find with a rose base.  It's great for the winter season and I will probably wear it very sparingly.  It's intense.  It also came with a beautiful postcard.

MIRACLE SKIN TRANSFORMER - Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector

I have used this product for a few days. I apply it right after I moisturize in the morning and within MINUTES I see a difference in the tone and evenness of my skin. My foundation goes on more smoothly and felt as though it helped it last longer and look more natural.  I am considering buying this product at full size.  I really like it.

OSCAR BLANDI - Pronto Texture and Volume Spray
I have not had a chance to use this product yet.  But I am looking forward to anything that will help keep volume in my hair.  I have a lot of hair, but it's very fine. So it looks amazing right after I style it, but in 10 minutes - eh, not so much. Anything that will help KEEP volume in my hair works for me. I am hoping this is the product!

stila - all over shimmer liquid luminizer
stila could be my favorite line of make-up. Period.  Any time I get a product from them it's a celebration, in my mind anyway. I love the little "holiday glow" it gives your skin. I love you, stila!!

LIFESTYLE EXTRAS

CHUAO CHOCOLATIER - ChocoPod
This are bite size, all natural chocolate snack "bars" (I can't really call it a bar, because it's shaped more like a football).  Anyways, they sent me the POTATO CHIP and chocolate snack pod. Good call, Birchbox Fairies....GOOD. CALL.  If I ever got a hold of an entire box of these....GOOD NIGHT IRENE! Delicious and great snacking size.

We also received a small gift box to "give back, give thanks and give treats" to a deserving someone.  I know to whom I'd like to share a gift, just trying to find the perfect thing.  Hmmmmm.


Looking forward to what December has in store for us BBers.  I'm sure the fairies won't disappoint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment