Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jumping for July, Birchbox!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!


I'm a running a little late with the Brown Box update for July.  I received my Birchbox early last week, and I LOVE EVERYTHING in it.  But things were crazy-busy at the KrausHouse last week.  We are fairly certain that The Hubs will be needing knee surgery in the near future;  he hurt it setting up our tent (seriously ridiculous, right?) as a test run for the planned camping trip for his birthday later in the week. Just hours earlier, we made the reservations to camp at Put-In-Bay, one of our favorite places to camp in the pre-kiddo days.  We haven't camping been since before we had Sweet Pea! So yeah, after the knee blow-out, we promptly cancelled our two-hour-old reservation and began panicking about how bad his knee actually was.  See, my darling dearest has had reconstruction on BOTH knees...so he pretty much knows when it's BAD. (And I'm pretty much preparing for double knee replacements in our old age ;P) That happened about 10 days ago. He just got his MRI yesterday and is meeting with the orthopedist as I type. UGH.


We suffered through the rest of the week and tried to "celebrate" his birthday the best we could at one of our favorite places, The Cleveland MetroParks Zoo.  We did have fun and it was HOT!  Throw in a Saturday of all day work for Daddy and an unsuccessful trek to the far-away flea market for some stinkin' TV trays for my next up-cycle project (which are proving to be incredibly difficult to find, GGGRRRR!), time just flew by last week!  So, here's my July Birchbox update and review!

Birchbox teamed up with Glamour Magazine this month to bring something for the 5 senses, and boy did they bring the good stuff. I was so ecstatic to get this box!!  Everything fits in perfectly with my tastes and needs.


  • TASTE: "Larabar Uber" Roasted Nut Roll. Looks really tasty. Tucked in my purse for emergency snack attack. Gluten-free, non-GMO and kosher.
  • SMELL: Oscar de la Renta "Live in Love" perfume sample. Another floral scent right up my alley!
  • HEARING: Color Block ear buds! They fit and stay perfectly.  They are my new yard work accessories!
  • TOUCH: Alterna "Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade Proof Fluide" for hair. I have tried it both directly on dry hair for styling assistance and applied on towel dried, but damp hair.  For my hair, which is fine texture but I have a lot of it, I prefer the towel dried, damp application.  My hair was extremely soft and shiny when dried!
  • VISION:  
  • stila lip glaze, action
    • stila lip glaze in "action".  This color, along with two others, are Birchbox exclusives this month.  I love the  glitter in this glaze, which feels slightly heavier than a gloss - but in a good way.  It stays on forever!  The subtle berry undertone is flattering for all skin types and can be worn in any season.  stila is one of my favorite make-up brands and this product didn't disappoint.  I'll be placing an order for the exclusive three pack!    
    • jouer luminizing moisture tint in "pearl".  I have been on the hunt for a new tinted moisturizer for the summer for light make-up days and I think I have found it! I have almost used up my sample size in the week since I received it!  It applies very smoothly and stays all day. My skin looks even and natural whether I wear it solo or apply a light layer of powder.  PERFECTION for summer!!        
If you're a Birchbox subscriber, I'd love to hear what you thought about some of the same products you received, or about the completely different products you got! I love comparing those medium Brown Boxes!                      















No comments:

Post a Comment