Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Death, Taxes and Tupperware: A Tale of a Corny, Modern Mommy

Seriously. Don't you think?  The three constants in life.  Always there.
I had a Tupperware party this past weekend. Could that be any more suburban Mommy?  I had to laugh as I thought back to what Tupperware represented "back in the day".  As much I think I want to distance myself from the whole '50s super Mom image, the more I love & embrace it and want to put my own twist on it. Not that I'm going to start a bridge club or anything like that, but I do pride myself on having a home-cooked meal on the table  a majority of nights. And I'm also proud to say that meal is RARELY meatloaf, pot roast, spaghetti & meatballs or <any other ubiquitous American dinner>. Sweet Pea and Monkey are more adventurous in their culinary delights at age 5 and 3 than I was up until my mid-20s! I LOVE being a stay-at-home mom, but I am bound and determined to NEVER let it get boring! So bring on Tupperware....what I consider the embodiment of me as a MODERN mommy.  It's a company that is almost 70 years old and probably has the reputation of being a little corny and old-school;  but I find fascinating in its ability to change and transform into something that is still in high demand, and develop products that meet the challenges of modern day family life. I like to think my old-school corny blends in nicely with my modernity.  So, I invited the Girls to a Tupperware party + including the Dads and Kids = modern twist.  The Girls enjoyed the party downstairs, with my signature summer cocktail included, while the Boys and Kids stayed outside playing around.  And when the party was over, we all hung out and had a great Cleveland summer evening together.  Tupperware with a Twist!


No comments:

Post a Comment